Mission Statement: To prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes.
Ministry Description: Participants must be in the 1st through 5th grades or 7 to 10 years of age.
The Cub Scouting program has ten purposes related to the overall mission of the Boy Scouts of America: 1) character development; 2) spiritual growth; 3) good citizenship; 4) sportsmanship and fitness; 5) family understanding; 6) respectful relationships; 7) personal achievement; 8) friendly service; 9) fun and adventure; and 10) preparation for Boy Scouts.
Volunteer Opportunities: Approximately 25 volunteers are optimal in various leadership positions. Leaders must be 21 or older, except for the following: College Scouter Reserve, assistant Scoutmasters, assistant den leaders, assistant Cubmasters and assistant Webelos den leaders must be 18 or older.
Time Commitment: Cub Scouts meet as a pack once a month. Each Cub Scout meets with his den once or twice a month as determined by the den leader.
Knights of Columbus
Mission Statement: For Catholic men to share their faith through charitable, service and social opportunities.
Ministry Description: Knights of Columbus is a fraternal organization based on four principals: charity, unity, fraternity and patriotism with a focus on charity and fund raising. Meetings are social and prayerful. All Catholic males 18 and over are welcome.
Time Commitment: Meeting 2nd Tuesday of each month in the school cafeteria includes dinner. In addition, the group conducts several fundraising events throughout the year.
Mission Statement: To help boys and girls, regardless of their skill, to become physically fit, mentally alert and morally sound.
Ministry Description: The Sports Association is part of the archdiocese’s Catholic Youth Council (CYC) program. Sacred Heart participates in soccer, track, volleyball and golf. Duties of the coordinators include teaching good sportsmanship, coordinating volunteers, maintaining schedules, coaching, and assisting with equipment, uniforms and concessions. All adults working with children must attend “Protecting God’s Children”. For more detailed information, go to Most Sacred Heart Sports. Time commitment will vary depending on responsibilities and sport.
- Registration Coordinator – works with Coordinators to ensure adequate registration procedures.
- CYC Coach/Assistant Coach – coach team, set and communicate practice schedule, ensure uniforms are distributed, and be present or have assistant present at all games.
- Soccer Coordinator – oversee all facets of soccer program and other volunteer coordinators.
- Soccer Equipment Coordinator – provides, disperses, collects, maintains inventory and recommends purchase of new equipment.
- Soccer Referee Coordinator – provide, train and schedule referees for all home games.
- Soccer Field Coordinator – prepare fields for games including striping, setting up and taking down goals.
- Soccer Pre-K Team Coordinator – oversee all facets of Pre-K soccer program.
- Volleyball Coordinator – oversee all facets of the volleyball program.
- Volleyball Referee Coordinator – provide and schedule referees for all home games.
- Golf Coordinator — oversee all facets of the golf program.
- Track Coordinator – oversee all facets of the track program.
St. Vincent de Paul
Mission Statement: Christian women coming together for friendship, fun and service
Ministry Description: Meet for a variety of social activities to foster friendships and be of service to the parish. The main fundraiser is the annual Rummage Sale. Other events have consisted of: hosting an annual reception with a light supper served with kindness and compassion after All Soul’s Day mass, winery trips, fashion show, Christmas dinner with entertainment, Chicken Soup for the Soul, St. Patrick’s Day Party, and much, much more.
Volunteer Opportunities: For all women of the parish; meet 6-8 times per year typically Thursday nights
- Member – attend and participate in meetings and events
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours bi-monthly
2. Chairperson – conduct meetings, maintain mailing list of all participants, welcome new members, grow attendance at meetings, make phone calls, etc.
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per week
3. Co-Chairperson – assist Chairperson in all duties and responsibilities
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per week
4. Treasurer – maintain all financial records of the organization, make deposits, etc.
Time Commitment: 2 hours per month
5. Event Facilitators: develop ideas and make necessary arrangements for events, speakers, etc.
Time Commitment: as needed quarterly